Friday, April 19, 2013

Sketching one day at a time...

For Christmas 2011 my daughter,Tess,presented me with 12 small journals she had made herself. The greeting read 'Best you fill them wisely...i will be watching' and sketching every day is what i have been doing since then.











The sketches varied from exciting to mundane,a visual record of the year through my eyes. Above meet my trusty labradorable,Pepsi, as he appeared from January through to December.
The drawings were all done with a Pilot G-TEC-C4,available in 9 colours.

The idea of sharing my drawings with others and enjoying other people's work online was brought home to me by Danny Gregory's book "An Illustrated Life" which i dip into often.Checking out drawing websites brought me to www.urbansketchers.org which i follow on facebook.I would like to be part of this amazing community hence the blog which has been more challenging to set up than the sketching!


No comments:

Post a Comment